Share Your Personal Story
Share your personal experience living in a manufactured home community to help us educate the public and elected officials, and to encourage more residents of mobile home communities to stand up and get involved. We want to hear your stories of struggles, organizing victories, and what you love about your community.
You can also help your neighbors get involved by downloading and printing hard copies of the form and bringing it to community meetings. Click here to download. To connect with other manufactured home community residents in your region you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some prompts to help you get started writing about your experience:
- What is important for lawmakers and regulators to know about life in a manufactured home community?
- What would you like to see change in your community, and what do you hope remains the same?
- When and why did you first move into your manufactured home community?
- Have you experienced lot fee increases? Have you struggled to pay them, or seen friends and neighbors struggle?
- Have you experienced changes in ownership of your community? How has this impacted your quality of life?
- Have you experienced maintenance or infrastructure problems?
- Is the owner of your community involved in the sale of homes in your community? Do they offer lease to own contracts? Do they take possession of homes if homeowners are unable to pay lot fees?
- Are you a recipient of Social Security benefits? Are you a working parent or grandparent? Are you a caregiver for an ill or disabled friend or relative? What other economic situations impact your life as a manufactured homeowner?