Join Our National Campaign
MHAction is collecting stories from manufactured homeowners across the country. Sharing stories of manufactured homeowners is the first step in pushing for change.
Your experience will help shape the direction of MHAction’s work, and help us educate the public and elected officials on the concerns of manufactured homeowners. Tell us about the challenges you’re facing in your mh community.
You can also help your neighbors join by downloading and printing hard copies of the form and bringing it to community meetings. Click here to download.
Here are some prompts to help you get started writing about your experience:
- What is important for lawmakers and regulators to know about life in a manufactured home community?
- What would you like to see change in your community, and what do you hope remains the same?
- When and why did you first move into your manufactured home community?
- Have you experienced lot fee increases? Have you struggled to pay them, or seen friends and neighbors struggle?
- Have you experienced changes in ownership of your community? How has this impacted your quality of life?
- Have you experienced maintenance or infrastructure problems?
- Is the owner of your community involved in the sale of homes in your community? Do they offer lease to own contracts? Do they take possession of homes if homeowners are unable to pay lot fees?
- Are you a recipient of Social Security benefits? Are you a working parent or grandparent? Are you a caregiver for an ill or disabled friend or relative? What other economic situations impact your life as a manufactured homeowner?